Oh, hello.
My name is Nina Rivera, and I'm from Tampa, Florida. I'm a freshman in college and an aspiring artist who adores drawing stylized animals, specifically deer, horses, and canines with an occasional otherworldly creature thrown into the mix. My preferred medium is actually the digital art program Adobe Photoshop CS 6 Extended, even though I enjoy traditional art too. The vast majority of the animals featured in my art have individual designs, names, personalities, and histories that are usually made up by myself. As a result, I often refer to them as 'characters' because they are not drawn once and then forgotten - a lot of them have multiple images, sometimes featuring a scene from their past or reflecting a certain personality trait.
As much as I would love to just open a gallery and make a living out of selling my art, in reality I probably wouldn't be able to make enough money to survive. However, linking my love for art to another one of my fascinations - psychology - and transforming it into art therapy is a possibility I've been considering. Psychology has been a strong interest of mine for years, especially psychological disorders due to experiences I've had and things I've read about online and researched.
As for my Art and Technology class with Professor Echeverry, I was blown away by the huge variety of topics we will be discussing and learning about this semester. I had no idea it would be so extensive and go over such a range of subjects! I'll admit I was intimidated at first. After seeing how enthusiastic Professor Echeverry was about everything though, I feel more excited about the class and am looking forward to learning as much as I can.
Honestly, I came into the class without a clue of what to expect. Once I saw the outline of what we will be covering, I'm expecting a barrage of enlightening information and to come out of the class as a very well-rounded and informed individual. I also intend to use the things I learn as complements to my other art classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment